Here are ten things we learned from one “cuckoo”:
- Jack Nicholson’s eyes become legendary.
- Milos Forman’s past/future blunders are forgiven (cross-reference below).
- Louise Fletcher’s iciness is confirmed.
- Stereotyping the three Black attendants is as miserable then as now.
- Good writing (Lawrence Hauben, Bo Goldman, Ken Kesey, Dale Wasserman) is the key to great cinema.
- There are more crazy minders than those in their care.
- Organized chaos can be a good thing
- Most of us can escape but not hide for long.
- Compassion and complete understanding can prevent more suicides than enable them.
- A viewing in 2021 will help all of those with ears and eyes understand why BIG LIES might be the ruin of us all.